Sheila's Granola

>> Monday, May 4, 2009


At a recent work conference my friend Sheila made this wonderful granola. I don't know about you, but any granola recipe I've ever tried has had 20+ ingredients and took hours to cook at a low oven temperature. This recipe, on the other hand, uses just six ingredients and is done in 45 minutes. You can change it up with your favorite dried fruits to give it a little zing. I make it about once a week and have enough for 4-5 breakfast meals (if I can keep my son out of it!).

OVEN: 300 degrees

2 cups quick oats
1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1 cup shredded coconut
1 can fat free condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

Bake for 45 minutes ... stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool until the granola is dry. Store in an air-tight container. It tastes great with milk, though I prefer to mix it into fat free French Vanilla yogurt. Yummy!

Based on how long it's been since I've posted a new recipe, it's obvious that I need some quick-to-make recipes like this one!

2 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere May 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

I was gonna say... that recipe doesn't last for 4 or 5 breakfasts around here! We make it in the afternoon... snack on it... have it for breakfast the next day... and snack on it some more that afternoon... and that's about it! It is SO yummy!!

Sheila DelCharco May 7, 2009 at 2:28 AM  

Luckily my husband and I are the only ones to eat it so ours lasts longer too. I definitely double and triple the recipe too. I'm working on tweaking it. The sweetened condensed milk is not kind to the waistline. If I get one perfected I like I'll let you know!

FOLLOWERS

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP