Oreo Ice Cream Dessert

>> Saturday, May 16, 2009


I've been brainstorming in vain for a new recipe to make for our fairly regular Memorial Day picnic. This year it will be at a friend's house, and I wanted something new and exciting that would leave people asking, "can I get that recipe?!" My friend Robyn saved the day when she shared this delicious dessert that apparently is a hit for her family. I can't wait to give this a try next weekend!

In a 13x9" baking dish, place a layer of crushed Oreos (flavor of choice - I'm going to use mint).
Add a 1" layer of ice cream of choice (I'm going to use french vanilla)
Next, drizzle half a jar of favorite hot fudge sauce (I'll use my own recipe - to follow)
Repeat another lay of crushed Oreos, followed by another layer of ice cream.
Top with favorite whipped topping and sprinkled with more crushed Oreos.

Freeze "hard" before serving (at least a couple of hours).

Mom's Hot Fudge Sauce

2/3 cup baking cocoa
6 Tablespoons butter
1 cup evaporated milk
2 cups powdered sugar

In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in cocoa. Stir in milk and sugar alternately. Bring to a boil and boil while stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat allow to cool just a bit as the sauce will thicken.

Thanks Robyn!!

1 comments:

Sheila DelCharco May 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Oh my! This sounds wonderful! Let us know how it goes!

FOLLOWERS

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP