Apple Walnut Bread

>> Monday, March 23, 2009


Every fall we either pick, or purchase at the local farm market, way too many apples. I then can way too many quarts of applesauce! Thus, I'm always on the look-out for great recipes that use applesauce. This bread machine recipe is a family favorite. Easy to make and delicious toasted for breakfast or sliced fresh with a tasty pork roast dinner, you can't go wrong with this one.


6 oz applesauce
3-5 ozs apple juice
3 Tablespoons butter
1 large egg
4 cups bread flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Measure all ingredients into bread pan. Select dough setting if you want to bake the loaf in your oven. Shape dough into a greased, large loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Choose your Basic or Sweet Bread setting if you want to bake the loaf in your bread machine.

2 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith March 23, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

Now this is one I will bake Thurs that is my bread making day. Can't wait to try it.

Anonymous March 24, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

I'm stopping by with the Ultimate Blog Party. Love the site! I'm always looking for new recipes. I think I'm gonna try this bread this weekend.

FOLLOWERS

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP