Egg Bread

>> Tuesday, April 7, 2009


I have an abundance of eggs this week (which is somewhat unusual in this house) so I went looking for a new Egg Bread recipe to try. I found this one in the Bread Machine Gourmet. After a little tweaking of the recipe, I gave it a whirl. This one is definitely a keeper. It delivered what the book promised ... a light and airy bread.

OVEN: 350 degrees

1/3 cup warm milk
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (I prefer white wheat flour)
1 1/4 cups bread flour (you can replace 1/4 cup of this with graham flour)
1/2 cup warm water
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 Tablespoon honey (I have Goldenrod honey)
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Add ingredients to pan in bread machine. Use dough setting ... when done, shape loaf and place in large loaf pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from loaf pan and cool on wire rack.



Tastes wonderful just warm out of the oven ... with a nice glop of that goldenrod honey!

1 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere April 8, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

I'm still fussing with my sourdough, trying to get the knack of turning out a good loaf of bread each week. But bread machine bread? Now that I can do! This looks delicious! I'm going to have to try it this week, too. Thanks for sharing!

FOLLOWERS

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP