Top Secret BBQ Sauce

>> Thursday, November 13, 2014

This BBQ sauce recipe has been a favorite for pulled pork in our household for a number of years. Originally created by a good friend of ours, we tease him often about marketing his "secret recipe". It's easy to make and tastes delicious!

I've found that if I start this sauce early in the day and let it simmer on a very low heat, stirring often, it thickens up nicely and the flavors seem to multiply.


2 Tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/4 cups Ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 Tbsp chili powder

Saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add rest of ingredients and simmer 15-20 minutes (minimum), stirring often.

Can be refrigerated.

My favorite way to use this sauce is over pork. I often put a boneless pork loin in my crock pot the night before we need it. I smother it with thinly sliced onions and let it cook on low all night long. The next day I pull the pork apart, put it in a large baking dish and cover it with BBQ sauce. Then I cover it with foil and slow bake it (250 degrees) for about an hour.

1 comments:

Sheila DelCharco January 18, 2021 at 1:55 PM  

I’m trying this next week! Going on the menu plan!

FOLLOWERS

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP