Potato Cheddar Soup

>> Saturday, October 9, 2010

I very rarely cook from a box. Creating from scratch is far too much fun, and in my own opinion, often tastes better! However, now and again I come across a quick and easy, delicious treat in a box. I recently ordered Potato Cheddar Soup mix from a friend's Tastefully Simple party. While I happen to think my own potato soup is pretty good, it would sure be wonderful to mix up a quick and hearty pot of soup without all the chopping and mixing and simmering.

We were all cautiously optimistic 30 minutes after I popped open the box. None of us was disappointed! Six cups of water and the contents of the box mix ... with 4-5 slices of bacon crumbled in (optional) ... and we had four bowls of creamy, cheddary, potato soup.

So this is a non-recipe, recipe perfect for one of those cold fall or winter afternoons when you need something delicious in a short amount of time. And while the soup is simmering for 30 minutes, you'll have just enough time to mix up some Apple Walnut Muffins to serve warm with your soup. Your meal will still have that made from scratch touch!

0 comments:

FOLLOWERS

  © Free Blogger Templates Digi-digi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP